Memoir of the Sunday brunch / Julia Pandl.
View other formats and editions
- 4 of 4 copies available at Bibliomation.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Derby Neck Library||LP 647.95 PAN (Text to phone)||34046126382905||Adult Large Type||Available||-|
|Hagaman Memorial Library - East Haven||LTE 647.95 PAN (Text to phone)||31953126392383||Adult Nonfiction Large Type||Available||-|
|Kent Memorial Library - Suffield||LARGE PRINT 647.95 P (Text to phone)||32518138293306||Adult Large Type||Available||-|
|Killingly Library||LP Bio PANDL (Text to phone)||34040132041332||Adult Nonfiction Large Type||Available||-|
- ISBN: 161173648X (library binding : large print : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781611736489 (library binding : large print : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781611736489 (library binding ; large print ; alk. paper)
- ISBN: 161173648X (library binding ; large print ; alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 287 pages ; 23 cm
- Edition: Center Point large print edition.
- Publisher: Thorndike, Maine : Center Point Large Print, 2013.
For Julia Pandl, the rite of passage into young-adulthood included mandatory service at her family's restaurant, where she watched as her father, who was also the chef, ruled with the strictness of a drill sergeant. At age twelve, Julie was initiated into the rite of the Sunday brunch, a weekly madhouse at her father's Milwaukee-based restaurant, where she and her eight older siblings before her did service in a situation of controlled chaos, learning the ropes of the family business and, more important, learning life lessons that would shape them for all the years to come. In her wry memoir, she looks back on those formative years, a time not just of growing up but, ultimately, of becoming a source of strength and support as the world her father knew began to change into a tougher, less welcoming place.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Pandl, Julia, 1970-
Restaurateurs > United States > Biography.
Authors > Biography.
Restaurants > Wisconsin > Milwaukee > Biography.
Fathers and daughters.
Large type books.
|Genre:||Large type books.