Directions to the beach of the dead / Richard Blanco.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip057/2005002649.html - Table of contents
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip057/2005002649.html - Table of contents
- ISBN: 0816524793 : PAP
- ISBN: 9780816524792 : PAP
- ISBN: 0816524793 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780816524792 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: 64 p. ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Tucson : University of Arizona Press, 2005.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Time as art in the eternal city -- A poet in Venice -- Garden of the fugitives -- We're not going to Malta ... -- Through the straits of Messina, singing -- In defense of Livorno -- Somewhere to Paris -- Torsos at the Louvre after Rilke -- After Barcelona, in Barcelona -- Directions to the beach of the dead -- Winter of the volcanoes : Guatemala -- Bargaining with a goddess after Rigoberta Menchu -- Pirenopolis, Brazil : under protest -- Return from El Cerrado -- Silent family clips -- Papa's bridge -- What's love got to do? -- Revisiting metaphors at South Point -- Translation for Mama -- Abuela's voices : a chronicle -- Returning shine -- Only brothers -- Then someday -- The perfect city code -- Empty crosswords
"In his second book of poetry, Richard Blanco explores the universal desire for home through evocative narratives, playful musings, and lyrical power. These poems take us on a relentless journey to Spain, Italy, France, Guatemala, Brazil, Cuba, and New England, as they examine the ideal of home and the connections we seek through place, culture, family, love, and art."--BOOK JACKET.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cuban Americans > Poetry.
Gay men > Poetry.