- 8 of 8 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Rockville Public Library.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
- ISBN: 1940696208 : PAP
- ISBN: 9781940696201 : PAP
- ISBN: 9781940696225 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1940696224 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9781940696201 (softcover)
- ISBN: 1940696208 (softcover)
- Physical Description: 235 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Seattle : Wave Books, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 228-230).
"Part fact, part fiction, Tyehimba Jess's...second book weaves sonnet, song, and narrative to examine the lives of mostly unrecorded African American performers directly before and after the Civil War up to World War I. Olio is an effort to understand how they met, resisted, complicated, co-opted, and sometimes defeated attempts to minstrelize them"--Amazon.com.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||American poetry > African American authors.
American poetry > 21st century.